Friday, August 3, 2012

Well they just switched both babies to all room air but they are still intibated and probably will be for a few days they said. But their stats are improving so far. We haven't really had any diagnostic testing yet as far as brain bleeds ect. We do all those Saturday once they've had time to adjust. Both are doing moderately well regulating their body temp and are in isolates but really only have blankets one they dont have the heat cranked up. So we won't know about brain bleeds, jaundice, and a few other things until a couple of days.

They are still passing little tiny bits of blood in their stool but are now urinating! They're on IV fluid with hepren to keep their umbilical arteries open but tomorrow may need to just get a regular IV in their leg or forearm. They are also just giving two different kinds of antibiotics as a precautionary until their lab tests tomorrow am. They will be bumped up to a higher nutrient solution.


I'm making colostrum but I'm only getting it in the funnels. And it's gets super sticky and I'm having a hard time sucking it up with the suringe :/ I've pumped three times now and it's all liquid gold I can't suck up :( so hopefully tomorrow or the next day we start getting some of the good stuff.

I just had my c section 12 hours ago and have been uncatherterized and walking for about 6 :) I'm a faster recoveree I suppose!

Going to try to nap until my next pump time at 7a we just got done seeing the boys! Will post new pics. They already look bigger and different.

Gabe has his pulse/ox (red light monitor on his wrist and is stretched out with his hand by his mouth

and Gavin has it on his hand. And has his legs scrunched up

No comments:

Post a Comment