Thursday, August 2, 2012

I went today to my weekly MFM check up and was having cramping and contractions like normal only this time they did an ultrasound. I had a severe placental abruption, closed cervix, and internal bleeding pooling between the amniotic sacs of the twins.

They admitted me immediately and we got our first round of steroid ivs and then my bp flatlined. I about had to be brought back with the paddles. I couldnt aee or hear it was super scary. I woke up and there were 20 people in my room with ice and washclothes all over me shaking me and saying my name. We lost both heartbeats and they gave me terbutaline to stop contractions. They prepped me for an emergency c section by giving me two more IV access lines and oxygen before they wheeled me down to the OR.

They had time to give me a normal spinal once they found the babies heartbeats. I was super nauseous and felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest.

Both boys came out at 3lbs 11oz and both were 16.7-8 inches long! They both swallowed a lot of blood from the abruption and baby a inhaled it.

Gavin was put on an osculator immediately and gabriel just a regular ventilator both with the intangible tubes.

Three hours later gavin was put on a normal ventilator and has been weaned down from 100% o2 and is down to 70% and has had no heart issues.

Gabriel is now down from 100% o2 on the vent. To room air! No heart issues either!

Both getting IV fluids until I can get my milk in. We won't do any brain ultrasounds or diagnostic tests until 2 days after they've been out since everything looks so good!

I'm just hoping they keep the fighting up! And stay on the up and up but I know it's one day at a time. Their o2 stats and heart rates improved when I held their hands :)

It's 12:13 I'm waiting for my first meal in over 36 hours, pumping, and going to sleep until I have to pump at 4am and 7am and the nurse to come in and see me and any updates on the babies!

Here are some pictures

Gabe has a hat on in all the pictures and Gavin does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment