Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just got ethan to sleep. He has a little cough and only slept 11p-1a and then 5a-7:30a and just finally got him down for a nap. He has been all out of wack lately as we haven't had a normal day since I was about 16 weeks pregnant. He has been really clingy with me and it's unfortunate because I can't pick him up and it just hurts his feelings like I don't want him. Hes been crying a whole lot more. They are more attention getting then serious. We are ready for his birthday party :) he deserves a day just devoted to him!

Our other big bub Xavier starts school August 20th the day before Ethan tens one! I'm so nervous and excited for him! We haven't seen him since the twins were born and hes missed around the house. We're ready for Tim to get a normal 9-5 job so we can have a routine again and schedule to see him. With Tim working all these crazy shifts it's hard. I'm hoping he adjusts well to kgrdn and it isn't a tough transition from staying home with hi mom all day doing whatever they wanted.

But anyways i just called and got an update on the boys.

Gavin had no residuals left during his feedings last night so they increased his feedings to 10ml/3hr and he has gained some weight. He's up to 3lb 8oz now so almost back up to birth weight which is great! He hasn't been very active today which his nurse is concerned about. He has been sleeping a lot and briefly opens his eyes and then quickly shuts them to sleep again so they are contemplating starting caffeine therapy to assist him. His inactivity unfortunately means that I probably won't get to do k-care with him today. :( I'm worried about the little guy. It's so hard being away from them but I know leaving them be to be looked after the doctors is the best thing I can do for them right now.

Gabriel is doing great. No residuals during his feedings. They have increased him up to 15ml/3hr so were moving on up! He has been very alert and active. His nurse said that he has had his eyes open and has been making little noises all morning.

Their nurse Dennis has all the babies in the pod today so he told me I may not be able to hold them today :( Gavin for sure but I might not possibly get to hold gabe either. I hope when I get there all the babies are being good. He has 4 all alone today.

Everyone please keep Gavin in mind today. All my boys, but especially Gavin. Pray he becomes more alert and responsive. And for Ethan to get over this cold/cough and strength in this huge adjustment he's going through with the new babies. For bub to enjoy his first day of school and gabe to keep up the strength and good work!

They're all fighters on their own but could use our help!

No comments:

Post a Comment