Thursday, May 31, 2012

Well it's me! I am half awake, super tired, but back in my own clothes in the hospital bed writing to you all. My IV is still in and so are the leg compressors to keep my circulation up. I am also wearing the contraction belt. My back hurts worse then my incision and this heart medication makes my hot and sweaty and dizzy. It also makes my heart race like I have run a marathon. During the surgery whenever they would laser a connection I could feel it vibrate all the way up into my neck. It was so weird! Along with removing 3 pounds of fluid, they did a microseptostomy in two places, which is when they laser two little holes in the membranes that separate the babies so that fluid will free flow a little bit. I was awake for most of the 1.5 hours and slept for maybe 30 minutes. My blood pressure kept dropping super low and it made my nauseous. Thank god the nurse behind me was kind enough to give me meds to bring it back up, to settle my stomach, and to itch my nose and head when they started to itch. My arms were strapped to the table, along with my legs. Dr. Lim basically said it was a preview for my c section! Dr. Habli was there and it was so nice to see a familiar face. Our nurse have also been super nice and accommodating!  So! I have to be in this hospital bed until 6:30am tomorrow when we will have another ultrasound to make sure the babies make it through the night. Then I will be released to go back to the hotel and lay down until Tuesday the 5th when I come back for my follow up tests if all goes well!

After removing the excess fluid I feel less pressure and I can also visibly see the boys kicking when I look at my shirt! I am glad it's been 7 hours since the procedure and I have felt both so I am praying they will stay that way until the morning and ultimately until we deliver!

Anyways...

I got a picture of Gavin's face and his hands. We didn't get to see Gabriel because they only go though the recipients amniotic sac for the procedure, but they are identical so you can figure they look the same!

Also for mom's with TTTS I have put a picture of my incision site so you will know what to expect!
Here are Gavin's Hands

Photobucket

Here is Gavin's face

Photobucket

My incision

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That's incredible, real pictures of them. Sweet boys. Glad this is going so well this far. I hope you've talked to Tim and eased his worries a bit, too. Can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim is at home battling out other two boys. I've gotten phone calls today like, "baby where's the baby gate?" "baby when you make mac n cheese and hot dogs how many hot dogs do you cut up to put in it?" :) he's lost without me there. I am just hoping we make it through the night! after that our chances are pretty good! I've felt kicking off and all from both of them since the surgery so I'm keeping faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the surgery seemed to have gone well - continuing to keep you and your little boys in our thoughts throughout the evening!

    ReplyDelete