Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ohio, here we come!

I really need to take a moment to thank everyone who has made this trip to Cincinnati to help our lil men possible. Mary from the TTTS foundation for supplying me with an abundance of useful information on the disease and providing emotional support. Thank you for also putting us up in this wonderful hotel for the first two nights we are here before our surgery, it is beautiful and we would have never been able to afford to stay in a place so nice just a block away from the hospital. Thank you to the entire team at the Fetal Care Center of Childrens Hospital of Cincinnati for graciously donating a hotel room for one night and a gas card to assist in us making it home after the long drive here. And thank you so much to Erika and Emily from my baby board on Babycenter.com. Emily for her gracious donation and support. And Erika for allowing us to have access to a very good discount on a hotel room for the rest of our stay. We are on the list for the Ronald Mcdonald house but all the help has made is possible for us to make it here!

Last night was the worst night of this experience so far. Being away from my son and fiance, cold with the air blowing, sweating with it off, worrying about how the guys are doing at home, having to pee two or three times, sore belly, ahhhh!

We went to bed at 11:30p eastern and woke up at 7a. So I am way off my normal sleeping with our lil man. I am so tired and I'm not sure if I'm hungry or nervous but my belly is way upset. It could be all the hotel food we ate last night before bed. We each had a cup of vegetable chicken soup, shared a huge portion of shrimp spinach dip with tortilla chips, half a turkey club sandwich with these awesome seasoned fries. I myself at three pickle slices dipped in ranch, and we shared a piece of raspberry NY style cheesecake. Talk about a big ole meal! There was no one at the hotel last night at all, except the entire Cincinnati Bengels Team!, so the lady in the lounge here definitely hooked us on on dinner for a VERY good price! Just a perk of people asking "are you about ready to pop?!", "no I'm only just about 5 months, with twin boys," "oh my god! wow! congrats!" :) 

 We have an ultrasound in 3 hours so now we just have time to waste! Hopefully the boys at home wake up and call me before I see how these little men in my belly at cooking along. 

I felt a lot of movement yesterday in the car. Gabe, our donor, who is a stuck donor with no fluid now, kept sticking his little foot or knee straight out and you could see and feel it! like a 1 inch x 1.5 inch lump! My mother, who is my traveling partner on this whole experience thought it was completely disgusting. Gavin of course was doing back flips in his massive ocean of an amniotic sac. 

I haven't felt them yet this morning, so of course my worst fear is always that we lost one over night. It will be reassuring or devastating to see them on the screen moving or not moving. I am also hoping that Gavin's heart isn't enlarged and that his tricuspid regurg. hasn't gotten any worse either. Our hope with Gabriel is that we have a beating heart and kidney function. 

Well I am going to shower, get dressed, gorge myself on the leftovers that are in the hotel mini fridge, and try to stay calm until we see how these babies are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment