Thursday, May 31, 2012

Well I'm here laying in a hospital bed with leads on my chest, and iv in my hand being monitored for contractions pre-op. At 7am they will take me and my mom down to the PACU where I'll meet with my team of anestisologists and my surgeons before we go in to have the procedure. It freaks me out that I'll need to be awake but not full awake. They said I cannot fall asleep and start snoring so if I do they will have to give me meds to wake my ass up! Talk about something stronger then coffee. I'm more worried about my blood pressure and oxygen levels. I didn't take to my first epidural very well with Ethan and had to be put on oxygen and moved around a million times to get it back up. I've never had surgery before so the thought of it all is completely freaking me out! After its over I will only have 1 stitch with a liquid band-aid over it. It should take about a week to dissolve.

After my surgery they will bring me right on back up to fetal care. I won't have to wait in normal recovery to come to since I won't be fully out. I'll have to lay in bed and get IV fluids with my catheter and monitors all hooked up for 4 hours. I am going to contract afterwards so we will see how I handle it. After the 4 hours are up if all is looking well then I get to get up to use the bathroom and get something to eat. I get to drink right after its done though! Hallelujah! I am so THIRSTY. Anyways. I have 30 minutes before I have to be wheeled down there.

I had to take off all my jewelry and I feel completely naked without my engagement ring on :( I miss Tim and Ethan and wish Tim would have answered the phone this morning but he did get off at 1am and I called him at 4a so he was probably sleeping hard. If anyone talks to him tell him I miss him and love him and Ethan and will get a hold of them as soon as I am coherent enough. Anyone with my mothers phone number or mine can text to get an update but don't be too overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment