Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Everything today was great :) boys are doing good. There are a few potential complications that could arise with Gavin from his brain ultrasound but we won't know anything more until his next scan at 14 days. We were aware of this with the ttts so we will see what becomes of it. I need to ask tomorrow when it's scheduled for. I will update everyone when we know for sure whats going on. Both boys are still breathing on their own and are eating breast milk through their n tube. Gabe is up to 12cc/3hrs and Gavin is up to 6cc/3hrs :) Gavin has gained an ounce from yesterday and weighs 3lb 5oz and gabe weighs 3lb 2oz. They both have grown almost an inch! They're getting so big :) I got to hold them skin to skin for 3 hours tonight before I had to go pump. They slept so comfortably on me. I love skin to skin time. I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

My c section recovery is going well. Just super tender to the touch on my belly not my incision site. I hope this is normal. I'm going to ask tomorrow. I also need to schedule my 2 week follow up for next Thursday. I am already weaning my pain meds. Moving slow still but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Below are a bunch of pictures of the boys. Gavin is wearing a hat in most. Gabe is hat-less and has a little bruise on his forehead. Gavin is sleeping in all the pictures I took today. He was napping during k-care(skin to skin) and Gavin is awake with his eyes open in a few!

And Ethan and Tim :) and me one week postpartum from the twins. Still a ways to go!

2 comments:

  1. The picture with someone (your?) hand in it really gives perspective on how small they are. They are so tiny and precious! What gifts from God. I am praying for you, for them, and for all the nurses/doctors caring for you all every day. Love you! --Lyndsey, Dustin & Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, Nick and BrettAugust 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

    Love the pictures from today. They are sweet as can be. I cannot wait to see them both. You are an awesome Mom Jessica! It has to be very tough juggling everything. Give them a kiss from their great aunt and second cousins and don't forget Ethan. He is a little doll and can't wait to see him again too.
    Love you guys,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete