Sunday, August 5, 2012

Both boys have no breathing assistance now :) only an N tube for feedings in their nose but are doing good sucking breast milk from a syringe with their pacifiers so it may not be long before we already try a bottle! And they're 4 days old today :) like 3.5 right now. We're doing feedings of 4ml every 3 hours though with no residual milk in their bellies so they are doing amazing processing it!

The doctor said my gestational age may have been off from the TTTS since I didnt know my LMP and that the boys are 32-33weekers. They are still super tiny today! They have lost their water weight and hopefully start to gain now. They're down to 3lb 6oz and 3lb 3oz. But the doctor says its completely normal because they're urinating frequently now from being pumped full of IV fluids since birth.

I got to do skin to skin for 2.5 hours tonight and both boys were squirmy at first and trying to look at me and each other but once they found comfy spots we all fell asleep until Tim got off work and made it up here.

Tonight's my last overnight here with the boys so I'm going to take advantage and see the boys as much as possible. I'm pumping now (and filling half a bottle each pumping :) a little one I make 30-50ml per pump every 2 hours and it's slowly increasing. It takes two pumpings to fill a Medela store and go bottle.

They're still under billi lights for jaundice. They will test them again in the morning and also do blood gas levels and a few other lab cultures. Poor Gavin pulled his IV catheter out of his tiny vien and IV fluid was pooling on his temple right under the skin. It looks like a little egg but the doctor assured us it's normal, could happen to any little body part on such a little guy, and wont be there forever. So they have to feed a new line and the poor little guy cried so loud :(

Day 3-4 of csection aftermath: numb to touch on the surface. Some staples hurt when I sit up stand exit because of new skin growth over some staples! Ouch! Keeping up on pain meds. If not super sore and super super tender.

Well getting a little more sleep so I can spend as much time as I can with the little ones then seeing my big man finally since thursday :) I miss e so bad!

I'll update with new pics as soon as I can take ones without the billi lights

Here's gabe peeking at me :) he has a tape mustache from his feeding tube. Gavin was getting a fresh IV so I'll have to get a new pic when we go back in a couple hours. He isn't as puffy anymore and looks just like gabe :)

I love them so much and can't wait to see Ethan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment