Saturday, August 4, 2012

Well we are 36 hours old and baby b, Gabriel is on room air no vent, cpap, intervention what do ever! :) he is just working on his suck/swallow/breathe at the same time and we've been practicing with a pacifier and hes doing very well for a 30 week old our neonatologist said! He is still in a closed isolete to keep his body temp at 37• C.

Gavin isn't far behind but is trying, our baby a! He is on cpap with room air, 21% o2. He is having more issues with his suck/swallow/breath and his o2 saturation goes down when he tries to suck on the pacifier!

Tim and I are trying warm compresses and hand expression with pumping and I went from getting two tiny drops two pumpings ago and got over .5ml! :) BUT only Tim can manually express my milk. I can't do it from the angle but hes super into doing it because hes helping keep the babies alive!

Their blood gases are great, Gavin who aspirated the bloods X-ray of his chest looks perfect. They did get one round of steroids for Lung delvp. An hour before delivery. They get brain ultrasounds and another set of chest/abdomen X-rays on Tuesday. And new blood work this morning to change their umbilical artirial ivs into regular forearm/arm ones so I can hold them today!!

Which I'm so excited about. Tim is scared because they are so small. I'm hoping it helps them and my bm come in. I can't wait to hold and kiss them :) :)

Going to pump in 40 minutes and see the boys at 5am! I'll update again then with possibly new pictures :) I left my phone in the room when I saw them at midnight last night

No comments:

Post a Comment