Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Having a toddler makes me feel like a rehab patient doing the exercises with the horse. 

It comes that time of day that we need to get dressed and I have to chase him around and try to corner him into a tight spot that he can't escape. I have to slowly approach him with caution, as to not spook him. and then try to get him to lift his chubby little leg off the ground in order to put it in the pant leg. Talk about drama. And then I have to try and get the shirt on. Hence the reason my son is naked in almost all the photos I post of the blog. 


Anyways, tonight we did two productive things. We made a homemade baby K'tan style wrap and put up our Christmas tree. Yes we put it up 7 days before Christmas and I will have to tear it all down and try to jigsaw it all back into our storage closet. Was it worth the effort? No. Was Ethan so excited to see it? Yes. 

He swats at it like a cat. He hits the fake scratchy branches and watches as they recoil and hit off the ornaments. Oh and the ornaments. My tree will be naked from his reach down by the end of tomorrow. He just removes them all from the tree and then takes the top part completely out. The part that pops into the glass ball. It wouldn't me so much if they weren't glass and if he didn't get pleasure from destruction. 
This is our tiny tree this year. 

Next year we will have a tree like this. 

With three toddlers, 1 two year old and 2 one year olds, I would have no sanity trying to keep them off a traditional Christmas tree. The thought of the little herd of children I will have scares me enough not to give them ammunition for their little mischievous plans. I already told Tim we will be bolting all our furniture to the walls. 

And on to that homemade baby wrap. It was sort of a pintrest/babycenter member suggestion/youtube project. I made a homemade baby k'Tan style wrap for the cost it would have taken me to drive to goodwill to get some woven tee shirts without side seems, (or the deep abyss of Tims side of the closet for old shirts he hasn't touched since 2010.) 

It consists of three t-shirts, a piece of strong woven yarn/string/shoelace ect, and scissors. 

I'm sure you could make this adorable and affordable by going to the local fabric store and buying off the sale rack. But then you have to try to serge ends on fabric to keep up the hold, buy the thread, spend the time, ect. The way I did it took 5 minutes tops. Wham bam thank you mam.




It is big enough and versatile enough for me to hold all three of my children, 12-30lbs :) 

Here are a few more pictures of the boys before I hit the sack before Gavin and Gabe wake up. 

the rare Gavin smile

Gabe- "Oh my god mom that wasn't a fart"


1 comment: