Saturday, December 22, 2012

Given that this is the season of giving and thanks I would like to dedicate this post to the ones who have helped and gave us what we needed to make it this far and be together for Christmas as a family.

First off I would like to thank my mother, step father, Tim's mother, and my aunt for giving us every ounce of emotional help and support they could have in getting us to this day. They have been our every resource and rock through the twins pregnancy and beyond. There is nothing I could ask you for that you wouldn't selflessly give to make sure my boys and myself had what we needed to survive and flourish. There really is nothing we could do to thank and repay you for all that you've done and continue to do. Just know that every good deed doesn't go unnoticed. I am a firm believer in karma.

I would also like to thank extended family and friends who have provided the boys with gifts even if they are just positive thoughts and prayers. I am generally overwhelmed by taking care of these little guys I don't always get the proper thanks out so here it is. We really appreciate everything you have done in sending gifts, for their birth, prayers for their recovery and positive thoughts for their well being.

I would like to thank Dr. Abrahms for being such a well educated physician and diagnosing our boys with Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome early. Without this we could have missed the small window of action in order to save their lives.

I want to thank Dr. Thompson for taking my complaints of discomfort seriously and not taking them for regular pregnancy discomfort. I flatlined prior to delivery. if I had not called and gone in for an ultrasound, I would have died in our home that morning with the babies. Ethan would have been motherless and my family without a girlfriend, daughter, niece, and a friend.

I am thankful to the educated medical staff at St. John's Hospital for saving my life as well as my children's. You brought me back to life and gave my children theirs. You were their first home and their mother when I couldn't be. I will forever be grateful to the wonderful nursing staff who attended to my boys every cry and need while I had to be away from them. I am thankful for the doctors who assisted my sons in their first breaths when they couldn't on their own, the doctors who provided treatment to the boys when they all fell ill. If I could find a way to thank you properly I would. Individuals really need to be personally thanked and I'm almost to a place where I can achieve that.

I would like to thank the Fetal Care Center of the Cincinnati Children's Hospital for providing me with the nurturing comfort and sense of safety for my unborn sons. Without Dr. Lim and Dr. Habli, who preformed invasive in utero surgery on my placenta to make it a hospitable place for my boys to thrive, they wouldn't be here today. They provided me with a wealth of knowledge and a sense of trust that made the experience the best it could have been. I am also forever thankful to you.

I am thankful for Mary at the TTTS foundation for providing us with a place to stay before surgery and educating me on the condition and the procedures when I was too overwhelmed to help myself.

I'm thankful to the Macoupin County WIC and Illinois State Department of Public health. The ladies at WIC have gratuitously taken us under their wings and found a place in their hearts for us. They have provided and gratuitously donated clothing, food and formula, toys, cloth diapers, wipes, winter coats, support, and love to us without asking for anything in return. These ladies are an indispensable program and a joy to have in our lives.

I am thankful for BabyCenter and the wonderful supportive fellow mothers I have found since the beginning on this pregnancy. Other TTTS moms, twin moms, moms to boys, first time moms. I cannot tell you how much it meant to have a support system of woman who don't know you in real life but offer up their love, prayers, and support like you're their family. In times of great stress people in your life tend to get scared and fall away, but these ladies helped me through sleepless nights and stressful procedures, long days in the NICU, and silly little things after bringing the boys home. They are just amazing.

I would also like to thank Cottonbabies for their Share the Love program. We were gratuitously donated 45 cloth diapers or the boys. This completely eliminated the cost of buying diapers for our boys and save us from the huge financial burden. It gave us a step up financially to get caught up with our medical bills and general daily expenses. The twins NICU stay was $30,000k per week, or $210,000 total, not including tests and procedures. We are a long way from being debt free but the fact they eliminated one expense monthly for us means when can get started on paying back what we owe for the boys care. I am thankful that this program is out there for mothers and families who are truly in need. They are really a blessing! When we get settled with the boys I would love to become a host site for the program to give back to other mothers who are in the same situation we are.

I'm not generally an overly religious person but I would like to thank God. For providing me with all these people and resources, for bringing me back to life, during our traumatic delivery, and after in spirit. You read about maternal death but every mother thinks "not me." I could not imagine Ethan growing up with a mother or his two new little brothers. It brings me to tears. I am thankful for my life and to you for sending me these three perfect boys and their loving father. For guiding me through the wonderful hell that has gotten us to where we are now. I am thankful for you showing me and allowing me to feel real love after so many premature and failed relationships. For leading me to a man that will stick by my side through anything and provides love and compassion and is an excellent and supporting father to our sons. For giving me a family to lean on.

When we are able to we will give back and help others that are in our position or where we were then. Right now were doing the best we can and helping ourselves through the aftermath of this journey financially and emotionally.

I just want to say Thank You, everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment