Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 5 July 8th

The ants go marching two by two Howrah 

Our yard has been invaded. By these little black creatures that make the still side walk look like it's moving beneath your feet. Yesterday we tried the first of a few all natural remedies we have found successful. We mixed borax and white sugar 50/50 and sprinkled it over the worst of the ant hills. Tomorrow we are going to sprinkle the edges of the side walks with some cinnamon and if that fails we're busting out the big guns; cayenne pepper spray! Ant is now gabe's new favorite word. 


Garden 

Our cucumber plants are exploding with produce! This weekend we will definitely be pickling, slicing, dicing, and canning up some of these bad boys. I am so excited to finally get to try out my canner and use some recipes from my new books. Ethan loves picking the produce out of the garden with his cool cars gardening gloves. 



Tomorrow's project is keeping the squirrels out of my corn and the birds out of my tomatoes! Gavin and I went outside today to check out garden and we discovered this, Wish me luck 




No comments:

Post a Comment