Sunday, October 7, 2012

There is no better feeling in the world then seeing where I've been and how far I've come.

I found my old blog today. I started to think and remember the URL and found some old posts. It is completely unreal how much a persons world can revolve in just 730 short days. 2 years was the last post. It was when I was 5 weeks pregnant with Ethan. Questioning whether Tim would be supportive and help carry me through the ordeal of carrying and bringing our son into the world. Just 730 days later we now have three beautiful boys. They were the best accidents I could have ever asked for. I know at just shy of 22 being a stay at home mom to three babies under 2 doesn't seem ideal for most women but I couldn't imagine it any other way. Before I had the boys I never knew a part of me was missing. It scares me to think as a teenager I never dreamed of having children. Just to think I would have missed out on all the sleepless nights, poopy diapers, cracked and sore nipples, stretch marks, and gassy smiles makes me realize how rewarding it is to be a mother.

Ethan has moved into his "terrible" second year of life and sure enough he's a terror. He can climb, undo caps on bottles, open the fridge and oven. He bangs on the washer and dryer like they're bongos. He's also super affectionate now. He grabs your face to kiss you 5 times in a row, holds your hand, and walks around offering hugs :) he is the most frustrating little mood lifter ever! He calls everyone dada and has a vocabulary of his own words that's larger than life!

The twins are certainly a handful. They are definitely two different personalities. Gavin is my good sleeper. He fusses a little a barely ever cries. He sort of whimpers loudly. Gabe wails and sort of squeaks at the end of his cries lol he sounds like a crying chew toy :) Gavin is my big eater and has HORRIBLe gas. Like rotten eggs. His farts are as bad as Ethan's. Gabe has reflux worse then Gavin or it bothers him more. There is normally one crying child in my house at any given moment. Right now everyone is sleeping, 9PM, for the moment and my head is starting to Hirt from the silence.

This week is a busy one. We have an appointment in Gillespie on Tuesday, Gavin has occupational therapy at st johns pediatric rehab department on Wednesday, and Thursday Gavin and Gabriel meeting with both their physical therapists and developmental therapists to be evaluated. Because they were born so premature at 30 weeks along with being twins who had twin to twin transfusion syndrome that suffered from pulmonary insufficiency due to the condition and had to be delivered because of a severe placental abortion that caused us all to flat line and them to aspirated and swallow my blood.

It's been tough since 02/14/2012 when we found out it was twins but were making it!



No comments:

Post a Comment